Search This Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Long Case! (btw, it's my 40th post - deleted ones included)

From tomorrow until Wednesday, we will be sitting for long case examination. Then followed by another three (3) days for short cases examination. My turn for long case will be on Tuesday, whereas for short cases will be on the last day, i.e. Saturday. Hopefully I will perform well for the last two 'papers'. Facebook statuses of my fellow batchmates have already shown aura of nervousness and anxiety especially for those who will be sitting for the exam tomorrow. Me? Surely I am extremely nervous and anxious to the extent that I don't know what else to do. So, I turned to God and prayed hard that I will be given a simple and known case, in a package with kind and cooperative patient as well as good & 'angel'-like examiners. However, I still have to revise more, especially on the aspect of management. Perhaps I should flip through the CPGs for the purpose of covering the aspect of management.

Hints? I don't know much. And based on previous recent history, I don't want to rely much on hints. It didn't work out for the CPC and Theory Paper. Neither it was during OSCE day 1. However, I should not totally ignore them. So, I decided to flip through the case summaries that I have made throughout the clinical years based on the hints, as well as based on "common cases" that have been listed by my seniors.

A friend of mine once told me, "For long and short cases, these three study weeks are not the key. It is either you practiced enough throughout the clinical years or not that really matters". He may be right, but I'm not taking any chance. In fact, there is still time for me to prepare. At least physically and mentally. Should practice more on showmanship and brush up my presentation skills. "There is still hope..." (quoting from the LoTR trilogy).

Basically, that's what I am going to do from tonight onwards until the end of examination. Once I'm done with short cases exam this Saturday, I will take a break for half day before preparing just in case my name were listed in the viva list. Obviously not viva distinction, if you were asking... lolz...

Till then, see you again next time (as if there is anybody reading my rantings... ^^) ~!!!

No comments: